The Locanda San Tomaso stands in the heart of Treviso just near to Porta San Tomaso, one of the most beautiful gates of the city, being commissioned by Doge Paolo Nani in 1518. In time past wayfarers and pilgrims found refreshment inside the city Walls, exactly in the building where nowadays the Locanda stands. In the 15th century a little temple dedicated to the Madoneta, subsequently knocked down, stood in the same place. During the recent renovation of the ancient rooms of the Locanda a Renaissance fresco which depicts a Madonna with child was discovered. The 15th century fresco is put in a stone niche with a eadicule frame.